Monday, August 01, 2011

Turkey!

Galata Bridge...
Friends!  I am overjoyed to report that I will be going to Turkey this week.  I'm not sure what to expect, but I'd like to think that some things that fill my trip will will be hot summer nights spent on rooftop bars overlooking the sea, beach time in a dream world that encompasses not just my beloved Mediterranean, but also the Aegean Sea, the Sea of Marmara, and the Black Sea, an exotic crossroads of Middle Eastern and European cultures, with a bit of Ottoman opulence thrown in, a world of warm and very kind people, and a place where, gloriously, food is taken very, very seriously.

I intend to come back with a brain and heart shifted by new experiences -- I kind of need that.   I couldn't be more excited for this trip, and can't wait to share pictures and stories with you when I come back!  Until then, hoşçakal!

--
Thanks to Kıvanç Niş for the beautiful photo.

2 comments:

  1. * waves *

    we ALMOST decided on Turkey / Greece for our fall trip, but... with the ongoing "unrest" and all. Actually, my friends pussed out. I just wanted to stuff my face full Sephardi grub... so J!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! sinosoul, i'll try and document well, so you can live vicariously through the photos and bloggery. it's really not to late to plan a fall trip though: maybe my experience will sway you! (also: GO TO GREECE.)

    ReplyDelete